Jan 7, 2022
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by a repeated guest, Quincy Jordan. Today they are talking about the vital
importance of getting Agile Teams and initiatives off to a good
In this episode, they discuss
the things that need to happen outside the Teams and that also need
to involve them, what elements are required to support the Team and
what to expect from them. Listen to this episode to learn more
about how to support a Scrum Team to have the best start
- Management should support the Team in its
efforts to deliver something of value to the
- Sometimes a Team needs mentoring that comes
from outside the team.
- Establishing Team working
- Teams need to have working agreements to help
establish guidelines about how to do the work and communicate as a
- Conflict will happen; that is why rules of
engagement are necessary to anticipate the way in which a team will
address those potential conflicts.
- Leveraging emotions in conflict resolutions is
needed; emotions cannot be removed from a human
- Why do we care for getting off to a good start
in the first place?
- Awareness: A team needs to know why they are
endeavoring in a particular project as well as they need to know
what is the benefit and who is benefiting from the
- It is important for those on the front line to
really know how their work ties to the topline business objective;
this is the way for them to see the value of the work that they are
- Quincy and Dan talk about the critical aspects
in launching a Team, which are covered by the methodology for
change managing called ADKAR: Awareness, Desire, Knowledge,
Ability, and Reinforcement.
- The facets of getting off to a good
- After working on the Awareness it is necessary
to make it clear how the Team is going to communicate.
- There is a benefit to anticipating how we are
going to reward behaviors that we want to perpetuate.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Coaching Agile Teams: A
Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in
Blog post by Esther
“Building Effective Teams: Miss the Start, Miss the
Liftoff: Launching Agile Teams
& Projects, Diana Larsen and Ainsley Niles
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using