Dec 31, 2021
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by Adam Ulery to continue the conversation in regard to
Organizational Change. In the previous episode, they discussed the
first two steps proposed by the ADKAR Model for Change Management
(Awareness and Desire), and today they follow with Knowledge,
Ability, and Reinforcement.
- What does Knowledge Building look
- Training and education are needed to help
people get the knowledge they are going to need to be successful in
- The mindset component is a major part of an
Agile Transformation; this mindset involves a different way to
approach business and the delivery of a product.
- Dan and Adam talk about the “Follow the rules”
- There has to be some knowledge acquisition
before “learning by doing.”
- Formal training is very helpful (videos, books,
- A potential pitful is not giving adequate time
or resources to allow the knowledge acquisition to really take
- See one, do one, teach one.
- When someone teaches others they start to learn
what they are teaching in a better way.
- Knowledge and Ability are tied
- Knowing something needs to go along with being
able to do it.
- Acquiring more knowledge and improving
abilities grow together.
- Feedback is crucial to increasing someone’s
ability to solve a problem.
- Failing safely is part of learning.
- Adam and Dan share on gradually increasing
knowledge and ability from an enterprise perspective within a safe
environment that fosters change.
- The Reinforcement piece.
- Celebrate examples of the change.
- Be happy and excited about the
- By reinforcing you are creating more
- Rewarding people is necessary. (Bonuses
- Public celebrations and peer-to-peer
recognition are effective ways of reinforcement.
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using