Dec 10, 2021
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by Ola Tunde to talk about Agile Leadership; this is
certainly a recurrent topic, but a needed one, since it is easy not
to really have leadership in place as part of an Agile Journey or
even some organizations’ leaders don’t really know how to
In this episode, Ola and Dan
share the differences between a manager and a leader, and the
features that define a great leader, as the necessary piece for an
organization to really thrive.
- Managers are not necessarily
- A leader draws people, a manager forces
- Agility is a better way of doing what you have
been already been doing.
- A good leader is the picture of Agility within
the organization that the people can follow. A leader must model
the behavior wanted in the organization, exhibiting principles and
values that others should follow, too.
- A Leader is the one who knows, goes, and shows the way.
- Without a great leader, an organization can not
- A leader must always pay attention to the human
- It is the responsibility of a leader to
attract, retain, and even develop new talent that will fulfill the
- Not everyone would be the right fit for an
- Leaders who are emotional and who are not fully
devoted to the people they are serving will cause the organization
nothing but commotion.
- Sometimes a leader must be ready to adjust the
ways to maintain the vision when it is needed.
- People are not resources.
- The three things leaders focus on:
- Setting direction.
- Inspiring commitment.
- Building capacity.
Mentioned in this Episode:
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of
Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow
You, by John C.
Agile Marketing: From Waterfall
to Water Flow, by Konstantinos Giamalis
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using