Feb 4, 2022
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by two of his Agile Coach’s colleagues, Andrea Floyd and Adam Ulery.
In this episode, Dan, Andrea,
and Adam are answering a listener’s question who is just entering
the role of a Scrum Master in the organization he works for and
realized that it’s going through the consequences of a lack of the
application of the ADKAR model. This listener asks for help in
order to prevent his team from completely crashing and burning with
the adoption of the SAFe methodology tasked by the
- A safe Scaled Agile framework.
- When looking for a safe way to scale,
visit Scaled Agile Framework where you can find lots of information and an
implementation road map for different organizations to
- Change will affect everyone on the
- Training is necessary for all individuals to
understand how change is going to impact them.
- SAFe is a framework; there are other tools to
- Look for opportunities to create organic
- What is the tiebreaker between the roles of a
Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Engineering?
- Engage the community to have a collaborative
conversation about what will make the best impact for the desired
- Who has the tiebreaker? That depends on the
topic of the change involved, it could be the Scrum Master or the
- The Scrum Master needs to help in guiding the
practices and the processes around Scrum.
- It is crucial to have working agreements and an
explicit understanding of who is responsible for what domain and
- To script the opening move is one strategy to
- Understanding accountabilities for each role is
key for a successful change.
- Is there a change management plan template or
some best practices to show the “why” for the process? How do you
make people want to change?
- Create excitement by helping people understand
how the change benefits them and why change is
- The implementation roadmap at Scaled Agile Framework is a very useful resource, all needed
modifications can be done to fit your organization’s
- Visit LACE to learn how to create a Lean-Agile Center of
- Tips for change agents to help them build some
- Always come from a place of humbleness and
curiosity in the way you are approaching change.
- Empathy is a needed skill when confronting
- When you first start something it always feels
a little chaotic and the human normal reaction is to go back to
what is familiar; use empathy to understand this feeling; just be
Mentioned in this Episode:
Scaled Agile Framework
Positive Intelligence: Why Only
20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential and How
You Can Achieve Yours, by Shirzad Chamine
Kanban: Successful Evolutionary
Change for Your Technology Business (aka “blue book”)
A Simpler Intro to Kanban
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using