Oct 1, 2021
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by two AgileThought colleagues, Andrea Floyd and Buyi Kalala, to explore the topic of diversity in
In this episode, Dan, Andrea,
and Buyi talk about some of the challenges they have encountered in
regards to diversity, sharing their observations, and experiences
in regards to how diversity can enhance the work of a team but also
highlighting the real challenges that come with it.
- Diversity: benefits, challenges, and how to
- People often make assumptions about looks,
accents, and other traits, these are many times not only incorrect
but can also hurt and create distance between
- Inclusivity is showing people who belong to
minorities appreciation and awareness of their unique
- Be patient, practice active listening, and find
a meaningful way to engage.
- Active listening is the key to promote
- Do you really understand what someone just
said? Did you give them the space and time to express themselves?
Are you working together towards the expected outcome?
- One trick: While listening, write down the
topics you want to reply to, this way you will avoid interrupting
the speaker and can also concentrate on what is being
- There is a growth opportunity in highlighting
the achievements (instead of focusing on what is still pending or
can be improved).
- Some strategies to alleviate the concern of a
team member in regards to feeling worthy (especially when belonging
to a minority group)
- Go slowly, you are unique, and your strength
relies on it.
- Every moment can be an opportunity to forge
- Be aware of where you are in your individual
journey as well as in the organization and the team.
- Diversity is a catalyst for
- Most innovation can be originated only in a
- People have to feel comfortable to be part of
- Create a pattern in the way you are
communicating where people start noticing you, how you speak and
engage is important.
- Techniques to create safety in the
- Make sure each person knows you care about them
as human beings, not as functional resources who help to get the
- Use creativity to create a space where every
“who” is valued, respected, and invited to the
- Empower teams by encouraging them
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using