Aug 19, 2022
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by Justin Thatil and Erica Menendez. In this episode, they are discussing the fun
topic of vacations and how their planning and unfolding can be done
in an Agile way. Dan, Erica, and Justin highlight the importance of
always keeping your goals in mind, and considering the expectations
of everyone involved in the plan. Listen to this episode and find
out how following different Agile Principles can help you plan and
enjoy your time off!
- Have a goal for your vacations.
- Even if a proposed vacation looks exciting,
don’t forget to check in with your goals to make sure they are
aligned with the vacation plan.
- Brainstorming ideas is a great way to find your
ideal vacation destination, to later analyze the particular
characteristics of each option to make sure it is congruent with
the family goals.
- The product owner role is played by the one
organizing the vacation.
- Doing the research is key to planning a
successful trip that meets everyone’s expectations.
- There might be a lot of ideas about things that
want to be done on a vacation, but being realistic and selective is
crucial to managing expectations.
- Remember, flexibility is crucial, changes might
be implemented at the last moment in order to make the best out of
- What can you learn along the way as you are
taking the vacations?
- There are many learning experiences waiting to
happen on your vacation plans.
- Learning and discovering are tasks that you
will embrace better after practicing them several
- Remember the maturity of the tool is not the
same everywhere you go. (Justin shares his own example while
traveling with his wife through Puerto Rico.)
- Experimentation is necessary in order to take
the best out of each situation.
- Your Daily Scrum can be breakfast.
- The first mealtime of the day can be a great
time for planning the activities.
- Retrospectives can be done along the
- What goes good and what goes bad can be taken
into consideration for planning the next activity or
- Don’t forget to embrace the new experience you
are living with excitement.
Mentioned in this Episode:
The Scrum Fieldbook: A Master
Class on Accelerating Performance, Getting Results, and Defining
the Future, by J.J.
Professional Coaching for
Agilists: Accelerating Agile Adoption, by Damon Poole
No: The Only Negotiating System
You Need for Work and Home, by Jim Camp
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using