Jul 8, 2022
This week, Dan Neumann is joined
by two guests, Mariano Oliveti, and Hal Hogue to talk about a topic that was inspired by a
listener who recently was in a meeting where this question came up:
What does a Scrum Master do with a Team that is very
In this episode, Dan, Mariano,
and Hal explore the concept of the maturity of a Team; does the
continuous learning journey ever reach an end? Can Scrum Masters
fully accomplish their work? Listen to this episode to find the
answers to these very thought-provoking questions.
- What does a Mature Team look like?
- A mature Team has a growth mindset, members are
always trying to improve.
- A mature Team fails occasionally, they learn
from these experiences and are not afraid of failure.
- Members of a mature Team often actively listen
to each other, they have healthy conflict, and they are not
competing against each other.
- Mature Teams focus on the outcome of what they
- Can a Scrum Master still provide value to a
very mature Team?
- A Team might be great, but it will never be
perfect; there is always an opportunity for continuous
- If the Scrum Master is achieving a point where
he believes there is nothing more to contribute to a Team, maybe he
is confronted with his own fixed mindset; did this Scrum Master
lose his curiosity?
- A Scrum Master is part of the Team; he needs to
self-reflect on his role constantly in order to do things
differently and better for the entire Team.
- Inviting a third party to facilitate activities
for the Team and give an outside perspective is very
- A Scrum Master must nurture an experimental
mindset in their Team.
- Trying something different is always an
- A Scrum Master must provide a safe environment
where Team members are not afraid of failure.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Learn more about Agile2022, Nashville
The Agile Mindset — and
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up
with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or
suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com
or Tweet @AgileThought using